Monday, February 15, 2010

Scintillating Scotoma

hi there

I wasn't sure what this was the SS, I originally thought it was some
spiritual thing, and I was seeing out of the matrix. But now have
realised what it is, thanks to a small article in 'The Times'
newspaper supplement 'Eureka' issue 5 page 24.
The first time it happened as far as I can remember is when I was
living in Holland, I was totally unsure what was happening but was too
frightened, I thought I had imagined it.
The most memorable time up to now, was when I was at a friends house
over for a weekend of fun and we were playing a board game and I
remember almost unable to see and finding it hard to concentrate.

The SS moments have always been without any kind of headache
whatsoever, and now I have found out it is called Acephalgic or Ocular
migraine. I am not quite sure what to do with this information,
whether I need to see a doctor, the events are so infrequent and
random that I hardly sure whether taking any medicine all the time
would stop it, after reading some other peoples posts about trying to
find out the trigger, that could be one solution.
Invariably as there is no pain when it happens the only danger would
be if I was driving but I drive when I have access to a car I borrow
most of the time I cycle.

The only thing I would like to do as part of this group is the ability
to upload a picture, as I have made a drawing in the past of the
event, so if anyone knows how to do this or can suggest, that be good.
thanks
sam

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i have had the same thing for i think 3-4 years now. maybe even longer but back then when i was a child i didnt understand it and overlooked it. anyhow.. i did some research on the internet and there are two different sides to it - 1st is scientific and actually its not even a side because they dont know what causes the phenomenon. they know it happens but why? 2nd one is more obscure.. it is said that we experience scotoma when we are in contact or seeing something that our belief and brain does not understand.

so its up to you what you believe.. i prefer the more romantic version anytime!

4:26 AM  
Blogger Ionic Software Services said...

I really like this post. This blog is great check it out. scintillating scotoma

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home